Protection of Information
When users visit the Website or send an email to DMRI, technology is used to prevent unauthorized third parties from viewing and downloading user information. DMRI processes personal information on servers in the United States and protects it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards such as: firewalls, secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption, uniform resource locator (URL) data encryption, file access privileges, physical server access controls, and authorizing access to personal information only for employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
DMRI may collect the IP address and domain names of all visitors to the Website in order to measure the Website’s effectiveness and to determine ongoing improvements. DMRI may also collect the email addresses from email messages received. IP addresses, domain names or email addresses may be shared with or sold to any other company or individual.
If DMRI Services are used, the following types of information may be collected:
- Contact information – user name, address, phone, email, Skype ID and/or other similar information.
- Financial information – the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that the user has provided through the Website.
How Personal Information May be Used
The primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide the user with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience.
Personal information may be used to:
- provide the requested DMRI Services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about user transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent prohibited or illegal activities;
- customize, measure, and improve the DMRI Services and the content and layout of the Website and applications; and/or
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties when necessary.
How Personal Information May be Shared with Other Parties
Personal information may be shared with:
- Service providers who support DMRI Services such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services, among others. These service providers may only use user information in connection with DMRI Services they perform and not for their own benefit;
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules; and/or
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties.
DMRI may sell or rent personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
How Cookies are Used
When a user accesses the Website, cookies may be placed on user computers. Cookies may be used to customize DMRI Services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; and promote trust and safety. Cookies may be sent to user computers when using the Website or DMRI Services. Cookies may be used for other purposes such authentication, storing site preferences, shopping cart contents, the identifier for a server-based session, or anything else that can be accomplished through storing text data. Cookies may be encrypted for information privacy and data security purposes. Cookies may be set by the server with or without an expiration date.
If permitted by the user’s browser, cookies may be declined. However, web site functionality as identified above may no longer be available.
Cookies may be encountered from third parties via links made available on the Website which cannot be controlled by DMRI (for example, if a user views a website created by a third party or uses an application developed by a third party, there may be a cookie placed by that webpage or application).
The Website may include links to other websites on the Internet as a convenience to Website users. The inclusion of any link does not imply DMRI’s endorsement of any other company, its products, services or privacy practices. Furthermore, DMRI is not responsible for personal information voluntarily disclosed by users to third parties that are contacted through links on the Website.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, DMRI cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to the Website over the Internet. DMRI makes every attempt to ensure the security of all information collected on the Website.
The content of the Website is appropriate for, but not targeted to, children under the age of 13. DMRI does not market products or services to this age group.
Commonwealth of Dominica Maritime Registry
32 Washington street
Fairhaven, MA 02719
Email: Click Here
To ensure a response, please include appropriate contact details including full name, address, telephone number and email address.